You Are A Person Who Has Remnants Of The Days Of Ignorance. Your Slaves Are Your Brothers, Whom

Abu Dharr,
may Allah be pleased with him, said: There had been an altercation between me and one of my brothers (slaves). His mother was foreign, and I abused him for his mother. He complained about me to the Prophet (may peace be upon him). Then I met the Prophet and he said: Abu Dharr, you are a person who has remnants of the Days of... Ignorance. I said: A man abuses men who abused his father and mother. He said: Abu Dharr, you are a person who has remnants of the Days of Ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers, whom Allah has placed in your hands (control), and he who has his brother under him should feed him with what he eats and dress him with what he dresses. You should not burden them beyond their capacities, and if you burden them, help them.

Narrator: Ben Ma'roor Sweden updated: Muslim - Source: Sahih Muslim - Page or number: 1661
Updated summary of the rule: It is true

مررنا بأبي ذر بالربذة . وعليه برد وعلى غلامه مثله . فقلنا يا أبا ذر ! لو جمعت بينهما كانت حلة . فقال : إنه كان بيني وبين الرجل من إخوتي كلام . وكانت أمه أعجمية . فعيرته بأمه . فشكاني إلى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم . فلقيت النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم . فقال ( يا أبا ذر ! إنك امرؤ فيك جاهلية ) . قلت : يا رسول الله ! من سب الرجال سبوا أباه وأمه . قال ( يا أبا ذر ! إنك امرؤ فيك جاهلية . هم إخوانكم . جعلهم الله تحت أيديكم . فأطعموهم مما تأكلون . وألبسوهم مما تلبسون . ولا تكلفوهم ما يغلبهم . فإن كلفتموهم فأعينوهم ) . وفي رواية : وزاد في حديث زهير وأبي معاوية بعد قوله ( إنك امرؤ فيك جاهلية ) . قال قلت : على حال ساعتي من الكبر ؟ قال ( نعم ) . وفي رواية أبي معاوية ( نعم على حال ساعتك من الكبر ) . وفي حديث عيسى ( فإن كلفه ما يغلبه فليبعه ) . وفي حديث زهير ( فليعنه عليه ) . وليس في حديث أبي معاوية ( فليبعه ) ولا ( فليعنه ) . انتهى عند قوله ( ولا يكلفه ما يغلبه ) .
الراوي: المعرور بن سويد المحدث: مسلم - المصدر: صحيح مسلم - الصفحة أو الرقم: 1661
خلاصة حكم المحدث: صحيح